June 16, 2008
2008 College World Series
Day Two Notes
* Rice is one of eight teams from the state of
Texas to compete in this year’s NCAA Tournament. For the third
straight year, the Owls are the last team playing from the Long
* Rice surrendered 17 runs to Fresno State, the
most it allowed this season. The Owls gave up 10 or more runs
four times prior to the CWS and won three of those four.
* Fresno State scored its second-highest total of
2008 and scored in double figures for the 20th time. The
Bulldogs won at New Mexico 24-6 on April 20.
* North Carolina was the only team not to commit
an error in its first-round game. The Tar Heels are 25-1 when
not committing an error.
* LSU hit two homers against the Tar Heels. The
Tigers are 23-2-1 when hitting two dingers.
* LSU has lost five straight CWS games since it
won the national title in 2000.